10 Resources for Growing a Sustainable Garden
If you have questions about gardening topics like soil management, irrigation, or simply planting your plot, you can find the answers in these resources!
Plot Your Garden Layout
These resources will show you how to organise your garden plot in accordance with the seasons.
- You can adjust your approach to laying out your garden during the summer and winter.
- Decorate your garden area to give the space some creative flair.
- Attract wildlife to your yard with bird boxes and bird feeders!
- Remember, a beautiful garden can enhance your home’s curb appeal and indirectly increase your property’s appraisal value.
New gardens can be prone to overwatering or under-watering their gardens. Here’s how to master basic watering techniques.
- You should water your plants with different methods based on the temperatures outside.
- Make sure you water your plants in the morning so that they have time to dry out.
- You don’t need to spend lots of money on an irrigation system - these instructions will show you how to set up a DIY apparatus!
Proper Soil Management
Cultivating healthy soil is the key to growing a productive garden. These guides are packed with top-notch soil management strategies.
- Follow these tips to optimise the health of your soil before you begin planting seeds.
- You can create compost from your own kitchen waste to add more nutrients to your soil!
- Choose a few organic garden soil amendments like manure, peat moss, or kelp meal to help your plants grow.
Gardening is a relaxing hobby that can also be highly enriching. Over time, you’ll learn how to keep your plants healthy and happy throughout the year. With these resources, you’ll be able to grow plenty of fresh produce for your household to enjoy.
Want to set up a bird feeder near your garden? Cheep Cheep Bird Food can cover your birdseed needs! Shop our online store today to order your birdseed.
Photo via Pexels
This blog was guest written by Emma Croft from GetGardening.